Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Twelfth Day of Christmas - Today!

Hi Everyone!

August was my last post, so I guess I'm way behind.  I'm not going to begin back then, but rather start in November.  Nit to make excuses, but since Google and Microsoft doesn't play well with Picasa, I've had trouble sharing photos and what would a blog be without photos.....boring!  So after numerous attempts on the desktop and being unsuccessful I decided to try blogging on theiPad.  I think I've got it!  So here goes!!

I had a first in November, the African violet I've had a few years finally bloomed. My Mom could grow them like crazy having several in different colors that I wasn't able to keep alive.  I actually had two blooms at once at one point and just this morning snipped of the last bloom.  They lasted more than a month!





Next, Bernie and I drove over to Ohio to check out a store to put our lamps in.  Turns out it was a real junk crafts store, but we passed this Vietnam Memorial and stopped on the way back.   They had a helicopter there and Bernie took these photos.  They had a nice pavilion and places where people could leave things of remembrance.  A guy named Gary stopped and said he'd take our picture by the helicopter as he tried to do a good deed everyday!  What a nice gesture.






Next, in early December I entered a giveaway at Southern Angels Boutique and I won the giveaway! Yay, me!!  Here is my photo with my prize.




I won this Kindle 8 HD!!

So now it's Christmas!    I began the season by making an outdoor holiday gnome and these two miniature ones that were gifted.





Almost forgot about our Dec Erie Show.  Here was 
our setup there.  We did fine there.  We sold over 100 in 2019.  It was a good year!!



I had another finish for 2019 and one that was only begun in Nov.  This is our king-size Christmas quilt. I had won this fabric at a craft show a couple years ago  and just had to add a little more from my stash.  



This is our tree in our bedroom.  It was done in green and blue.  

Here is our living room tree.  A frosted tree done in red and green.  Our fireplace mantle as well as our dining room buffet.


Next is our guest bedroom and bath.  The first pic is the truck picture hat began the collection.  Followed by a truck wall decor piece from Bernies sister, Donna and it just kept going from there.  I love it!!





Anyone remember these aluminum decorations?  These were left behind on Mayfair St when we moved in there and have been with us since.  Nostalgic!



Here's a snowman I made several years ago.  He still looks great

,

And this is the snowman office!  

 And with having at least one tree in each room, this is Macy's Yorkie tree with Yorkie ornaments everywhere on it.  

And Christmas wouldn't be complete without some family photos.  Bryan and Jess at their home.  


Bernie and I at Bryan's and Jess'.





And a little Macy Kate watching for Santa to come sitting by the window.



I will leave you with this photo taken at Christmastime at the Linesville Spillway!  
Our majestic national bird!  Bernie saw him and we had to circle back to take this shot!

Please pray for everyone that the New Year will be Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Blessed!  That is my wish for you.  

Hugs, Debbie

















1 comment:

  1. Your house looks very festive. Sounds like you guys had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...