Wednesday, November 1, 2023

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

 Hi Everyone!

As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late.

Today is actually a beautiful day outside, we have blue skies, can still see the golden hues of the maple tress in the yard along with a new addition this morning, 4" of snow!  Yikes!!  The weather forecast said we could get 2-5" due to lake effect variety.  They didn't disappoint.  Actually, as I write this, it has gotten dark and the sun has left and it is snowing hard again.  Here are a few photos from earlier this morning.

4" on Shed


The pine trees always look gorgeous


The mailbox didn't look so good this morning.  The rain prior to the snow made the branches of this maple tree heavy and the snow clung to it and pulled it down over the mailbox.  Bernie had to go out and help it out!



Prior to all this inclement weather of today, it was beautiful mostly on weekdays.  Here Macy is out for her early morning stroll amongst the down leaves.



Bernie and I got a pair of Electric Bikes.  These are great!  When you get tired of pedaling or if you're going up a hill, you just give it some throttle and up the hill you go!  This was our first time taking them out.  We drove over to Linesville as they have a nice bike trail over there and we unloaded them and went for an hour and a half bike ride.  We went a total of 12 miles for this trip.  For a first real outing, we did good.  The weather was fantastic and there were several others on the bike trail as well.  That's Bernie by the bridge.  




We came across this really neat bike tool station.  It was at one end of the trail and you could tighten your bike up, We never seen anything like this before.  A handy-dandy tool kit in the woods!




These Black-Eyed Susan were so pretty.  I believe that is what they are called.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.



This is my favorite photo of the day.  This beautiful view of Pymatuning Lake with all the beautiful fall foliage.


\


Here is a selfie I took of Bernie and myself.   We don't take many photos of ourselves.





And now what you've all probably been wondering about.  The Christmas in the Woods Show of 2023.

First off, all I can actually say is the weather was not cooperative.  All four days of the show it rained, and the first day was a wash out.  It poured all day long, but guess what????  People still showed up!  I couldn't believe it!  Sunday it rained in the AM and then got a little better as the day progressed.  The next weekend once again rain, but the people were bound and determined to come to the Woods to buy!

After the show, we figured that we had sold one less than last year which would have been 100, but after running all the numbers and doing all my paperwork and such, I came up with 101!  Exactly the same as last year and last year was beautiful weather.  So you just don't know.  I did manage to take a few photos of our cabin this year.  I have the same cabin each year and rent it from a lady who does Shakerwoods in August for three weekends.





Cabin in the Woods


These are our three lamp sizes: Small, Large, and Tallboy!



I showed you some of the table runners that I sent over east to my nephew and his wife's brick and mortar store in McConnellsburg PA.  Here is one of the Christmas Cardinals I did as well. 


Christmas Cardinals


I've posted many photos of my sewing area in the basement in previous posts.  I've sewn off of an old dining room table we had since we were married.  Never thought much of it until I started having shoulder and neck pain.  The sewing machine was too high for me.  So after much back and forth, I decided to jump off my wallet and purchase an Arrow Sewing Machine Table.  This table enables me to lower my machine so that my table and machine are flat.  It took us an entire evening to put it together once we got all the pieces.  It has one drawer on the left that self closes and I can add a table to the top of the drawer so it becomes more workable space.  It is a huge surface and my quilts will no longer hang over the sides of the table and give me grief while quilting.  I love it!!!  I actually have 8 quilts and one table topper that I'm currently working on.  

Here is my new table!




I just want to leave you with my Thanksgiving Cactus.  It has been confused and bloomed before in October before Halloween.   I put it outside in the summer and before I brought it back in the house in September,  I noticed it had buds.  I always repot my plants as I don't want to bring in any bugs with the old outside dirt.  I wasn't sure if the blooms would make it at all, but it did and it is thriving right now.  

I'm sure that by Thanksgiving it will be back to just being green, but it has brought me great pleasure to see it so beautiful.  

By the time I write my next post, Thanksgiving will be history!  It is really my favorite holiday and I already have the house decorated in my turkey and pilgrim things.  



I'll close with my wish for you, a Blessed, Happy Thanksgiving Day! 

Gobble Gobble!!!

Hugs, 

Debbie

PS:  As always, I love your feedback and would love to hear from you about this post.  


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your ebikes. Cant believe you had 4" of snow!!! Love your new work area and the cardinal runner is gorgeous. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. Yes, snow already although it didn't last but a day. Hope all is well with you and Dave. Take care my friend.

      Delete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...