Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Happy March 1st

Hi Everyone!

Happy March 1st!  Meteorologists recognize March 1st as the first day of meteorological spring, which is based on annual temperature cycles and the Gregorian calendar.  I'd love to be able to say that here in NW PA it is a balmy 50 or so degrees, but it's only 30 degrees and snowing like crazy as I type this.  We just got rid of the snow that had blanketed the ground for at least the past month, but now it's getting covered again.  With all of that, I must say that March has come in like a Lion, so it should go out like a lamb.  That phrase came out from sometime around the 18th century from old poems and proverbs, where it was eventually written into the Farmer's Almanac.  Here is a nice springtime garden photo from a few years ago.



 What were we up to in February?  Beginning of February I worked on a Quilt Hexie Jigsaw Puzzle.  I thought it was going to be extremely hard, but turned out to be one of the easier ones I've done.  I just had to build it differently in that building each hexie and then putting them all together made it go smoothly.  I actually had a lot of fun doing this one.  Thank you dear friend, Eileen, for this one!




I've been working on the Civil War Cross-stitch again.  I'm bound and determined to get it completed this year.  It is and was to be a gift to Bryan that I've been working on for more than 15 years.  Someday Bryan will receive it.  Better late than never!  I'll take photos upon it's completion.

I began working on designing and quilting the next wall hanging for St. Patrick's Day and I'm happy to say that I completed that and hung it on the wall hanging rack in our living room.  The shamrocks in this wall hanging were made entirely from scrap fabric that I had from other projects in the past.  It was a great way to use up a lot of scraps, but the hard part was that each square was only 2" and putting them together with lines meeting lines was a challenge.  I love the end result though!!







Now I need to begin to get something for Easter worked on.  Whatever I do needs to be done fairly quickly in that Easter isn't far behind St. Patty's Day.  I'd love to use up more scraps again or even yardage I already have in my stash.


Last weekend, we drove across the lake into Ohio and since it has been so cold, Pymatuning Lake, is frozen over.  There were several ice fishermen and their huts on the lake.  As I looked out the car window down far on the lake was this guy using a sail to glide him across the lake.  It is actually called ice skate sailing.  I zoomed in to get this photo and it still looks so far away, but at least you can see his red sail and that's him to the left.






Another project that was perfect for the winter weather was that Bernie took all of our slides from the carousels and transferred them to a card and I then got them onto the computer and put in files.  Now all I need to do is get each photo labeled before I forget who they were or where it was at and the year.

With that, I'm including one photo flashback to 1979.  Place is Racoon State Park.  Taken right after Bryan was born and we took him for an outing in the sunshine.  Bernie caught me and Alfie, our Lhasa Apso, picking wild violets on the trail.




Spring will be here before you know it, look at it this way, when I do my next blogpost, it will already have been Spring for 10 days!!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy!!  Prayers to all!!

Hugs,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...