Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally Friday - A Weekend to Sew!!

I've decided that this weekend will be a sewing weekend. I told Bernie last night, this weekend is a me weekend. I'm going down to the sewing area and sew until I can't stand it anymore, which won't happen!!

I have quite a few projects to get done, some table runners for Christmas gifts, some zipped purses, some fabric wreaths...............I think I'm going to need longer than the weekend, perhaps again over Thanksgiving weekend, if I can get Friday off. I'm working on it!!!

I wanted to share the very first thing I made when I began to learn how to quilt. One of my employee's wives, took me under her wing and began teaching me the basics of quilting. She had me use Eleanor Burns Quilt In a Day Book which was Log Cabins. There are so many ways to put Log Cabin blocks together for a totally different look each time. What I am showing you is my one and only block at the time. I use it as a little trivet on my little table in the kitchen. I'll never put it away. It took me quite a while to perfect it, but there it is.




I'm showing this piece today in honor of Sue, my fabulous quilt instructor. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be starting chemo the Monday after Thanksgiving. I wanted to do something for her, maybe collect some fabric squares or fat quarters, or whatever to enhance her stash. Something to keep her mind from her ills and get her sewing again, but since I only have a few regular followers, I don't think her stash would grow much. So, I'm asking you, if you have the time, to please say a prayer for my quilting mentor and friend, Sue. Prayer is Powerful!! Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...