Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June is a Wrap!!!

Hi Everyone!

I almost missed posting this month!  Whew!!  Good thing I took a look at the calendar this morning and hurried to take some photos of things!


This month is probably one that I don't want to remember except for the fact that Bernie and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary on June 9th!  This was the highlight of the month for sure.  I'm trying to not watch the news at all as it is all very depressing to say the least "and that's about all I have to say about that!" (Forest Gump).



We decided that instead of heading to our little ice cream shop, which is so darn expensive for two medium size sundaes and a little dish for Macy Kate, that we would head to the little grocery store and pick up a half-gallon of ice cream with rainbow jimmies, hot fudge topping, Hershey's chocolate sauce, whipped cream, cherries, etc.   What a feast we had and we were able to have it several nights instead of just one fleeting moment!  



My garden is in full bloom right now.  I really didn't do much in the planting area this year.  No vegetables were planted as I couldn't even find a tomato plant as most of the local nurseries were closed this year. Here are just some photos of some of my plants that are doing well this year.  I won't bore you with ALL the names of them, just a few, besides most of them I can't remember what they are.  



This is a Columbine.  So pretty in purple.  They don't last long, but they are a perennial. I already cut those back as they are done blooming.


Of course, everyone knows Iris, or some like to call them flags.  Not sure why?

A little impatiens.  I planted these in red and white.




Dianthus, another perennial.

In keeping with the Red, White, and Blue theme, I got these to put into the                                                                        planters with the red and white impatiens.





Japanese Aster doing really well,  





Lilies were beautiful.



Just took this lavender picture last night.  It is so pretty now with it's purple blooms.

Some will look and see these other flowers and say, "What are those?"  Well, they are my rustic, rusty metal flowers.  These were a gift from Bernie as he knew this artsy guy who did metal sculptures.  He called him "Beetlejuice" because he looked like Michael Keaton's movie.  You can see the Columbine up against the house in the first picture.  These were planted in one spot and they are now spreading like wildfire!
















At this point, I just took a picture of some of the herd!  

Next up, were the swine!  These were two very interesting looking pigs!
They kept snorting at me and all I could think of was me running away from them when they charged the fence and got out!  They don't appear to be very friendly, I hoped and prayed that the enclosure they were in had electrified fence.  







Next up,  these were seen on a trip over to the spillway one day. There were several mallard ducks.
 And then we saw this family of Canadian Geese swimming by.  This is a family of seven.  Momma, Dad and 5 youngins!  The feathers on the babies is still very fly awayish!  What a word!  They just looked more fluffy than their parents.








 There is always peacefulness at the lake.  There is always something to look at from the back deck too!  Maybe next post will about what's at the feeder!  Bernie saw a Baltimore Oriole the other day, but no photo to share yet.  I'll see what I can do for next time.

We did get a couple pics of Macy enjoying the summer weather on the deck.  Here she is before and after her summer cut.






 She just loves it outside. 

I noticed the front of the house was in need of a trim, so I got out the hedge clippers and gave the front bushes a nice manicure.










 






Here is the front porch decked out for the 4th of July!

Oh, I almost forgot!  I had a major finish this month!  The "Civil War Reproduction Quilt" for the guest bedroom is finally completed.  I do believe it took over two or perhaps three years from start to finish.  I really need to quit beginning new projects and finish the old ones before moving on.
I have it on the bed, but I still need to paint this room.  I did manage to get the livingroom painted, that took me two days.  It takes me longer to mask off the wood, than it takes me to paint.  I still have the Master Bath and the Guest Bedroom and I'll be finished painting.

Here is the quilt!  I still have to make some throw pillows to match this as well as a couple runners for the dresser and top of library bed.  I have a lot of the matching fabric so that shouldn't take me long to do.



We had our annual garage sale two weekends ago, and I cleared out a lot of STUFF!!  I'm trying to work at becoming a minimalist!  Well, my own version of it anyways.  I did quite well on round one of my decluttering escapade.  I still have much to do, but I'm actually having fun doing it and it keeps me busy.

I guess that is about all that is happening in our neck of the woods.  Bernie's still making lamps, and I'm still stoning them.  We still aren't sure if our big show in OH is a go this year.  Haven't heard anything yet about that.  We still plan on having at least 100 lamps done before fall and I have plans in my head on how to sell them without the convenience of shows.  

So with that, I'll leave you with a Happy Thought, or Happy Photo!  Have a wonderful, safe, 4th of JULY and I'll be back sometime in July!!  Take care and Stay Well!






Prayers to my family and friends for good health and healing!

Hugs!

Debbie






1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers! Glad y'all are staying well, I really enjoy reading your blog posts, take care!-Char

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...