Monday, January 25, 2021

Happy New Year 2021!

 Hello and Happy New Year to everyone reading this blog post!

Can't believe it was Halloween Day my last post.  Time goes by so quickly and I'm not sure why with it being winter and all here in Northwest PA.  We've had our share of snow, thank you very much, but it can go away now whenever it wants as I've had enough of the white stuff.  I'm looking out and it's a cold, sunny day, it is up to 30 degrees, 25 when I got up.  The sun is deceiving for sure.  The snow where Bernie shoveled has melted and the cement is actually dry in spots.  Tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be a nightmare with ice and snow coming.  We don't go out much at all except to the dollar store for milk and bread, we stay in and stay safe from the dreaded virus! 

 I really thought this virus would be gone by now, but then again if you notice they are saying the virus is gone in China, but they spray their sidewalks, haven't seen them do this in Pittsburgh or anywhere in the states. Seems like they know how to rid themselves of what they created!  We can only hope and pray that we don't have to endure another year of this.  Not that I don't like being home, just would be nice to go out a bit without the threat of it.

Now to catch up on the two months I didn't blog.  Thanksgiving came and went without a hitch.  Bernie and I cooked a turkey for ourselves, a 22# one, needless to say we ate turkey in various forms for a week.  I think I've had my fill of turkey for a while.  We mostly stayed in and vegetated.  I worked on a Fall quilt, that I haven't finished yet.  Yet another UFO to add to my pile. The weather has definitely been colder lately, even Macy just wants to stay warm.  I'm surprised she popped her head out from under her blankee!!


 

December came upon us fast and Christmas was anything like what we've been accustomed to in the past.  We did visit Bernie's Dad for a day and celebrated with him.  This was the first Christmas Day that Bernie and I spent at home.  It snowed like crazy and we ended up with about 10" of snow that day.  It was beautiful outside.  We sat warmly inside opening presents to one another and just enjoying the peaceful day.  Bryan and Jess came for a visit and we celebrated Christmas with them.  We never got to see their trees or decorations, first year that happened.  It made me sad.  

Here is a photo that Bryan took of Bernie and I by our tree.




Christmas was taken down the day after Epiphany and tucked away for next year.  We did have more visitors this year to see our trees and decorations, Jo and Dad came up one day for a visit and that was nice. 

We had a new garage put up too.  We are calling it "The Barn" since we already have one garage and it will be hard for me to find Bernie if he says he's going to the garage, I'd be like, "Which one?'  So Barn it has become.  It's a mudhole right now, but with springtime coming in a few months, we'll be able to bring in some stones and gravel to fix the driveway.  The building is 32' x 40'.  It has a cement floor and the ceiling has been covered with metal.  The contractors are now done with their part, so the rest is up to us to complete.  It turned out very nice, we are pleased with it.






So now it is January.  I decided that I needed to begin quilting again and since the downstairs is warm with the pellet stove running, I began making a couple of wall hangings for my new curtain rod in the living room.  I finished up just last week a Valentine wall hanging. I had made a table runner last year, so now everything matches pretty much. 






I think it turned out pretty good.  I did it up in a hurry just so their was something there on the wall.I'm currently working on a shamrock wall hanging.  I've got everything all cut out and am now assembling the shamrocks.  It will end up being similar to this hanging.  I'll share that with you next post in February.

With that I think I'll end this blog for January.  Stay Warm, Stay Safe, Stay Well and Pray for everyone and for our country!

Hugs,

Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! You can send some snow over my way if you like!!! Your heart quilt is beautiful... and you stay safe too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy. I'd be happy to send some of this white stuff to you in Aussie land! I bet you are having a wonderfully warm summer. Won't be long then until it's autumn there. I can't wait to finish the Shamrock quilt wall hanger for next month. I need to get busy on it though! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...