Sunday, October 2, 2022

October 2, 2022 - It has been a Year since my last Blog Post!!

 Hello Everyone!

I can't believe the last time I blogged was Oct 3, 2021.  Today is Oct 2, 2022!  A whole year has gone by without a blog post from me.  How is that even possible????  Did you miss me????  Huh?   Did you????  Anyway, I'm happy to be back.

First, I'm surprised I still remember how to post on this blog.  This may take me a while to get it all together.  

You can see that I just added a new gadget to the right of this post for the Autumn Jubilee 2022.  I have been participating in this for over five years and it's so much fun.  Carole at From My Carolina Home hosts this and there is lots of Mystery Quilting projects, some stamping card ideas, some wool sewing, and whatever else she has lined up for us.  There are giveaways from sponsors and last year I won a wool pressing mat and a rotary cutter!   There is something for everyone!

Christmas in the Woods is this coming weekend. Oct 8 & 9th and again the next weekend.  I'm pretty well ready, trailer is packed up and we'll be setting up in our cabin this coming week.  Looking forward to selling our lamps and maybe even some of my quilt projects along with some ornaments.




I can hardly believe that summer is over already.  Certain trees are turning gold and red, but not that much just yet.   In the next couple weeks we should see the trees in their beautiful colors of autumn!


Summer brought us a wide variety of birds this year to our yard.

This Baltimore Oriole and his mate came daily which surprised us.  In years past they only showed up on one day never to be seen again.  This year, Bernie made them their own little serving dish and we kept it stocked with grape jelly.  They loved it.



Scarlet Tanager also came this year a few times, but not everyday.  



The gold finches came all summer long, everyday for their fill of thistle.



Bernie made a new birdhouse this year and the bluebirds moved right in.  They had only one fledging, but we were so happy to have them.  I think they had at least three babies, but by the time I peeked inside they were all gone.  Can't believe we watched them everyday and poof!!!  They were gone and we missed it.




This female cardinal was an everyday visitor with her male counterpart.



And when there is suet out, there are woodpeckers.  This one was a pretty good size one with his red head.  There was a huge one that tried to hang on the big red birdfeeder, but he couldn't quite get a hold of it!  It was comical to watch him try.



Hummingbirds were here all summer long as well, many different kind and many different colors.  



Blackie graced us with his presence all summer long too.  He is still here in the yard daily gathering his acorns for the long-winter to come.  This one in his mouth got eaten, guess he was a little hungry.



A few Sundays ago, we drove the AMX to a PIttsburgh AMC Get Together.  It was a beautiful day for a ride and it was nice talking to some old friends and meeting new ones.

Bernie's 70 AMX Front and Center




This car sported an "I Like Ike" vanity plate on the front.  That should tell you just about how old this Nash is!!

A set of AMC Scramblers
An old dealership tow truck.


And my favorite car there.... A 1969 Big Bad Green Javelin. 
This beauty was formerly MY CAR!!!  It still looks as pretty and the grasshoppers still enjoy sitting on it's fenders!  Ha Ha!!


I've still been quilting and have some things to show you, but I'll save that for another post.  

I don't want to bore you with a super, long post, and a year is a long time to remember what we did or what is going on in our neck of the woods.  I'll try to go back to some other happenings in future blog posts.

Have a wonderful Sunday and have a fantastic Autumn!!

Hugs, 
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...