Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last Friday's Post -- Finally!!

I hope everyone is having a Very Merry Christmas! I'm a little late on my post from last Friday. Sorry!!!

This was our first Christmas eve at home in a very long time. Bernie and I actually enjoyed it very much. We opened our presents to each other and had a really nice evening. Chilled out, rested, knowing that Christmas day would be a whirlwind day of events.


I love reading Christmas cards, here I am reading the one from Bernie! I save all my cards, don't know why, but I have every one that Bernie has ever given to me. You may think that they just sit in a box somewhere, but I get them out often during the year, just to read of Christmas' Past. I even have a special card that my Dad gave to my Mom from him and "The Kids". This card is over 50 years old. I'll have to take a picture of it one day and post it, it is so beautiful. The craftsmanship of cards past was extraordinary! I should probably preserve it some way, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I think I just like the thought that my Dad held this card in his hand, wrote inside with a pencil, and then my Mom opened and read it. This is special.

I hope that you made your Christmas special this year; if not, there is still time! I can't stand that the radio stations begin playing Christmas songs at Thanksgiving, and then at midnight on Christmas Day, poof!!!!!!!!!! The songs are gone, back to regular programming on Dec 26th. Wait!! Isn't this still Christmas, why did the music stop, we are all still celebrating, aren't we??? And don't get me started on those people that take down their tree the day after, and un-decorate. It's like, I got my presents, it's over, now back to normal! I'm sorry, but the Epiphany isn't until 12 days after Christmas which falls on Jan 6th this year, but is celebrated on the Sunday, Jan 8th. The Epiphany is the day the Three Kings or Wise Men arrived in Bethlehem to visit our Lord, yes, it took them 12 days to get there, they came bearing gifts to the Newborn King!! So you see, Christmas is far from over. It's still OK to wish people a Merry Christmas!! With that, I continue to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...