Friday, February 3, 2012

Finally Friday!!! Super Bowl Weekend

I've made it, it's Friday and I'm posting on time. This is a huge accomplishment for me. Today we are supposed to see the sunshine, so it will kickoff a wonderful weekend! It's Super Bowl Weekend! I love watching football, you might find that odd for a gal, but I don't care who the teams are, I pick one and root for them. This year is no exception, I'm rooting for Eli Manning and his NY Giants. Sorry, New England Patriot fans, but I just can't stand your coach especially!! Nothing more than the fact that I find him rude and a very bad dresser for all the money the man makes you think he could find something to wear besides that awful sweatshirt thing or whatever it is. Come on, he should take a lesson from Tom Landry, the man knew how to dress.

OK, OK, I'm off that horse, but I wanted to share a couple little, quick recipes that I like to do for Super Bowl Sunday. Nothing elaborate, but great for a little get together or just by yourselves. Here goes.......

Pizza Burgers - Simple - 350 Degrees

Ground Meat - I prefer the less fat kind Ground Chuck
1 - 2 cans of the smaller size tomato sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
Semi-hard rolls, can use just regular buns if you want
Mozzarella Cheese slices or even shredded works
Italian Seasoning or whatever spices you like, Basil, Oregano, Pepper, Salt

Brown the ground meat until done, pour off excess grease, add in the tomato sauce and paste. Mix in your spices. Stir and simmer a while making sure it doesn't burn. I usually cook it for about 15-20 minutes stirring quite a bit.

When it is done, cut your rolls in half. Put the meat mixture on the rolls, top with the Mozzarella cheese slices or sprinkle with the shredded.

Pop into the 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes, I'd watch it though to make sure the cheese isn't burning. When the cheese begins to brown a little, take them out and enjoy.

I just serve ours with potato chips and pickles. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

For that quick half-time snack, so you can all watch Madonna's half-time performance, I actually prefer to hear Danny Marino, Coach Cowher, (note they are both Pittsburghers,) highlight the first half and give their predictions on what the teams need to do in the second half to take home the coveted Vince Lombardi trophy. Who is Vince Lombardi, well, he was the best football coach ever and he coached the Green Bay Packers.

So here is my half-time snack.

Scoop size Fritos
Salami, Ham, Turkey, etc. (Some kind of luncheon meat)
American, Swiss, Mozzarella, Provalone Cheese (Whatever kind you like)

Just put some Fritos on a microwaveable plate, use the Fritos that are whole and have a nice dip in the middle, broken ones just eat while preparing. :) Smile!
Cut up the meat and cheese to fit in the dip in the chip.
Put the meat in then top with cheese.
Pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds or less until the cheese has melted nicely and serve.

I usually make up two plates at once. One is not enough, trust me. I usually do this before the game and put them in the refrig, that way you can just pull a plate out and never miss a play, a half-time, or one of those wonderful Super Bowl commercials.

So that's it for today's post. Have a Happy Friday and a Wonderful Super Bowl Weekend!! GO GIANTS!! GO ELI!!! GO COACH COUGHLIN!!! (Take note of how Coach Coughlin dresses for the game, much more professional than Coach Belichick.) Sorry, I got on that horse again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...