Sunday, January 29, 2012

I didn't make it this weekon Friday, it's Sunday, oh wonderful Sunday!!

I love a beautiful Sunday, the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and it's a tropical 35 degrees, with a slight dusting of snow on the ground. A beautiful day!!!!

Had to go grocery shopping today and what an awakening. I usually don't go big grocery shopping except maybe once every 5 or 6 weeks. I don't like to grocery shop, never have, never will, but learned today that I really despise it!! The cost of everything is over the roof!! My gosh, if you are not buying what is on sale, and have coupons for the items, then you are paying way, way too much!!

I used to be an avid couponer way back in our married life, and I am seriously considering trying my hand at it again. I remember walking out of a grocery store with five bags of groceries that I paid something like $15 for, using doubled coupons on sale items I was getting probably $60 worth of groceries for $15. I realized today, I need to begin this again.

I used to belong to some couponing and refunding clubs like Refund Bundle, and gosh, I can't remember the name of the other club. There would be trading of coupons galore there, I got what I needed and I supplied others with coupons they needed. I took advantage of refund items by sending in UPC symbols with mail-in rebate forms and I saved quite a bit.

So, I guess my best deal today was of course for a snack item, yummmmmmmm!! They had Nestle Nutty Buddy ice cream cones which are regularly $4.49 for 4 in a box, they had the large 8 in a box for $4.49. And I had a $1.00 coupon. I snatched up two boxes so that was 16 cones for approx. 50 cents each, regular would have been $1.12 each. So, I am happy, the only thing better would have been if I had 2 coupons, one for each of the two boxes. Now had I belonged to a coupon club, I might just have had that other coupon.

My question to you is does anyone belong to a coupon club? If so, which one, please share!!

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and a good week ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...