Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Today is a Blog Day!!!

I know I have been incredibly slow at posting, gosh, it's been over 3-1/2 months since my last post.  Just wanted everyone to know that I am alive and well and celebrating my birthday today.  Oh heck, I've been celebrating it all week since I'm on vacation finally.

I've been so busy with my full-time job, working OT every day, working Saturdays, that not only have I not had the time to post, but I've had no time to check in on your blogs too!  Seems this full-time job I have is consuming all my time.  I have hopes to read some of your postings of late, and see what I've been missing.

I've done no crafting until today, and I got a few projects going on.  No quilting though, as my sewing area is under construction right now.  Hopefully, in the not too distant future, it will be back in tact better than before.

Macy Kate is now 9 months old and just cute as a button.  Here she is with me before her hair cut.  Yep, she got her puppy cut already for summer.  Figures, the day after she got cut we were only in the 40's.  Needless to say the heat had to be put back on again.  Here we are in front of our lilac bush.  I love lilacs and have a white one as well as this purple one.  This is the first year that the purple one produced that many blooms.  It smelled so good over there.

Lilacs in Ready to Bloom
Mother's Day Flowers from Bryan and Jess
What beautiful flowers I got from Bryan and Jess.  I actually took the roses after they were just about dead, and tried doing something that my Mother had always done.  I took the stem, planted it in dirt outside and then watered and covered it with a jar.  The condensation covers the inside of the jar and keeps the rose moist and then it hopefully will take and grow a new bush.  My Mother started all her rose bushes this way, but I don't have the green thumb that she had, but rather than just throwing them away, I thought I'd give it a try.  I'll keep you posted.

I've been doing some yard work.  Here is what I call "Dixie's Garden."  She always enjoyed going over to this spot and smelling all the flowers.  So you can see there is a solar dragonfly and a wire angel.  There are some hens and chicks in there, some lamb ears, lily of the valley in bloom, and a really fragrant day lily when it blooms later on.  Anyway, I had to weed this all out.  I managed to get all my pots planted and my flowers planted in the ground too.

And this is it, my birthday cake.  We actually had a piece of it over the Memorial Day weekend as Bryan and Jess came for a visit.  It is a Dairy Queen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake, and is it ever yummy!!  We saved some for tonight since this is my official birthday, and I'm so looking forward to that slice I will have in about an hour or so.

So, I'll leave you now and get busy reading your blogs.  I missed you all!!!





4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Joyce. It was a great day. Enjoyed being off work especially. Now to get caught up on some blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed your birthday. Lucky you being on vacation. One should never work on their birthday.
    Love the Dixie garden, is that in the shape of a heart?
    That cake looks so good but I'm trying to avoid things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never do work my birthday, it is a ritual I've promised myself all these years. You know when I saw the picture of the Dixie Garden, I thought it looked like a heart too, but it isn't actually. I'll have to go out and look at it again to be sure. It would only be fitting as a heart though. The cake is scrumptious!!! We are finishing it off tonight. I've been being very good the past month and am losing unwanted lbs, finally. I have a goal set for myself, and so far, I'm right on track! Thank you for the birthday presents too. I loved them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...