Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Secret Santa Soiree

Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful time of year!!  Stressful to say the very least, but fun too!!!  Time spent with family is the best!!

So to continue with the Secret Santa Soiree!  I blogged before about all the postcards I've been getting, so yesterday I get one from Ohio!!  So could this be where my Secret Santa lives!  Still have no idea up to this point as once again, no postmark on the card, just a stamp.  So now I'm really amazed that my Santa never got a postmark on any of the cards that were sent to me.  I can't believe that she was able to accomplish this feat!!

So here is the card I got yesterday!

So during dinner I'm telling my hubby about the pallet of packages we got in at my post office yesterday!  I told him they were stacked taller than me and looked like a Christmas Tree!  He says, "like the pile that was on the porch yesterday when I got home from work?"  So I ventured into where he put them and their it was, my Secret Santa Package!  I was so excited that I ripped the package open without taking a picture of the outside.  It said it was from Kris Kringle and yes, finally, a zipcode with a +4.  I googled it immediately and found that my Secret Santa was from Toledo OH, actually I know the street where she lives!!  

So I continue to open what was a beautiful box full of goodies!!


So I immediately notice the postcards, two old-time Christmas postcards.  So beautiful and I can add those to my collection.  Next I opened this incredible looking long one with green ribbon at the ends, I'm thinking a scroll calendar, imagine my delight when I opened it and found two fat quarters of fabric!  Woo Hoo!!!

Next I notice something address to Macy Kate from the 3 Wise Cats!  Macy jumped for joy after opening her Snausages snacks.  

Then the next I see is some holiday Peppermint Patties, my favorite candy!  The box was literally filled with them on the bottom and a green tree bag full of them as well.  Oh gosh!  Opened one of those up and ate it immediately while continuing my ripping of paper frenzy!



Next was a cute little picture frame album and a beautiful cross cross-stitch ornament.  I love doing little projects like that, because I feel a sense of accomplishment when I've completed a project finally!!! :)
Then the next package was more fabric, oh my gosh, I love it, followed by another package and two spools of ribbon!  Next was two pine tree candles, so very cute.  
Then I came across this very interesting, squishy, larger package along the front of the box with a note that this came from her Grandmother's estate.  How sweet that she would give me something that had belonged to her Grandma!  I'm touched, and thought what a very special Secret Santa I have this year.  So, I open it carefully and there is a Afghan Kit to Crochet.  Such beautiful pastel colors. Her package tag also said that it was for me to add to my Retirement Chest!  Yes, something more for me to do when I retire.  I plan on keeping myself busy doing fun, creative things.  This Secret Santa really read my blog, and I'm not even a good blogger!!


Then I got to my last package, it said "Open Me Last."  Now what could this be..........I ripped it open and found a box, I open the box and inside is the most beautiful Yorkshire Terrier ornament.  The yorkie is handpainted on this ornament.  A golden ribbon is on the top.  It is green, my favorite color, the yorkie looks so much like the two yorkies I have had, Macy Kate and Dixie.  On the back it was signed, D.Theos, OK, is that my Secret Santa and she is an artist!  I still don't know and will be trying to figure this out!  I have some clues now anyway.

But, I just want to thank my Secret Santa, whomever you are, for all the wonderful presents.  I enjoyed myself opening them very much, and it couldn't have come on a better day!  I love EVERYTHING I got and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year 2014!

Thanks again, you are the Best Secret Santa a gal could ask for!!



3 comments:

  1. what a great parcel to receive.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a wonderful Christmas present. I look forward to the Soiree every year!

      Delete
  2. Heya, wanting around various blogging, would seem an attractive pleasant software you will be now utilising. I'm at present making use of Hubpages for a few involving your internet sites and yet aiming to adjust one too up to some sort of base just like yours as a trial period function. Anything at all for example youd probably highly recommend concerning this?
    Regards for this post, I am a big fan of this website would like to go on updated.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...