Tuesday, October 3, 2017

This and That

Hello Everyone!


I begin with a tribute to one of my favorite musicians, RIP - Tom Petty.  Click on one of the highlighted links to listen to "Free Fallin" or "Refugee"  while viewing my blog.  You just have to click back on my blog to listen and read. 

Once again, I'm late in the posting!  Missed last week all together.  To say I've been busy is an understatement. 

The Christmas in the Woods show is now only 11 days away, and am I ready?  NOPE!!!
I'm getting there though. I have only three more lamps to finish at this point.  Will have those done this week for sure.  The signs are already to go.  I used my concoction of steel wool and vinegar to distress the wood.  I made one that says Welcome, one that says No Photos, Please, one that says Hearthwood Lamps, I still need to put some wooden sticks on this one, and one that says Thanks for Visiting Us at Hearthwood Lamps!

I dug through my Christmas decorations and found some rag garland I made years ago that I still use on our trees.  Also, some pine boughs, and I'm going to make a couple pinecone swags. Thanks, Peg.   I just want it to look like a cabin inside, not too much, but not empty either.

Went to quilting last Wed.  Worked on some Christmas quilts for the center.  I found a beautiful quilted tree skirt on Craftsy, and I have a Christmas themed jelly roll, for those that don't know what that is, it is a roll of fabric, pre-cut into 2-1/2" strips.  You basically sew them together long wise in whatever order appeals to you and then you cut it on the horizontal.  In then gives you a strip of all the different fabric.  This will be my next project.  I still have two bed size quilts in my UFO pile, Unfinished Fabric Objects!!  Ha Ha!!  Not sure if that is correct, but that is what I call them.  I also cleaned three sewing machines at the center a few weeks ago, so now they are all running beautifully.  I think I'll work on my tree skirt tomorrow.

Last Friday, I worked at the Oktoberfest at the Meadville Senior Center.  I sold raffles on a fall quilt, an apple crate, and the lamp we donated.  The lamp brought in the most money!  I was happy about that. 

This week, thus far, I've been working on fall type things.  I chopped down all the hostas yesterday.  Once they get yellow they are ugly.  Also, picked up some big mums for the front and side porches for only 5 bucks.

Side porch

Front Porch - the log was one of our cut downs that I polyurethaned a gizzillion times and then put a multi-colored solar light in the top.


Also, my cornflower is blooming so pretty as well as the new guinea impadiens!

Cornflower

Impatiens
The other day where I got my mums, I also bought quite a few Gala apples.  So, my first attempt at making applesauce.  I only made a little just to see if it merited me making more or just making Apple Crisp or an Apple Pie instead.    Well, Bernie and I sampled last night at dinner and it's a go!  I made one bag and froze, so today I plan on making more once I get the cornstalks up on the front porch, lights put out there and totally decorated for Fall, my favorite time of year.

Here's the sauce!


Prep!
Cooking

Done!  Yum!!
That's it for this week, guess I'll leave you with a few more of fall decorations.

Wreath I made years ago on front porch.

Flower Arrangement I did on the hearth of fireplace.

Prayer list this week for Eileen, Danny, and Barb! 

Happy Fall Y'All!!!

Hugs,
Debbie



6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Joyce. I just love Fall!! I just finished up my outdoor decorations and will show those next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I couldn't pass them up at that price. I really wanted a yellow one and I couldn't find one there and there were hundreds to choose from.

      Delete
  3. Love all the beautiful flowers... you have been busy haven't you? All the best for getting ready for the show :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Joy! I love those cornflowers, they are so pretty in purple this time of year. Almost ready for the show!!

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...