Monday, November 20, 2017

A Little Taste of Winter and Happy Thanksgiving!


Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get a blogpost out to you before the holiday to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just some of my little decorations on the mantle.  I just love these little ceramic turkeys, pumpkins, and pilgrims.  Here is the lady pilgrim.

And a few other decorations..................


This one is my little Jim Shore Turkey!!


This was a sign from the dollar store from last year after holiday sale that I got for $2.00.  It is a decent black plastic frame and glass.  I just love it.

And this is an old staple that I've had since we first were married.  I purchased a bunch of Stick-ee's for different holidays and this was the Thanksgiving Cornucopia.  I just love how it looks on our sliding glass door going out onto our deck.

Last week was a cold one and yesterday we had a real blast of winter as we got about an inch or two of snow.  It is all but gone today since we have sunshine which is a rarity in these parts this time of year.  So nice to see that big orange ball in the sky!!

Went to quilting last week as I am still not officially employed by the center as yet.  Looks like my start date will be Nov. 30th.  Looks like my days of being council secretary ended today as I won't be able to be on the council when I'm an employee.  Everyone was upset as they love my minutes and wanted me to stay on, but that can't happen.  Oh well!!  I had a council meeting today and just finished up the minutes.

So, at quilting I took my own project to work on which is the tree skirt that I've been telling you about.  I got all the strips sewn together last week at home and this week I took them to the center to cut them as they have a bigger cutting mat than I have and I needed a large one.  Anyway, I cut the strips into the blades, some are one direction, A blades; and the other in the opposite direction, B blades.  My colors once again are the rusts, deep burgundy, forest green, tan, etc.  Known again as MY COLORS!! I believe I mentioned this in an earlier post as well.  Anyway, here is the skirt pieces thus far.

You can see the way the blades are cut. One on the far left is A, then a B, then an A, B and so on.  These are not sewn together as yet, because my next step required me to have something called Quilting Basting Spray.  I am to cut out the batting next and spray on the basting spray which is a fabric adhesive and adhere the batting.  May take me a few days to get this accomplished.  Hope to have more pictures next post.

Well, that is it for this post.  I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope you all have family and friends to celebrate with you.  I miss very much the Thanksgivings of when I was a child.  So many relatives at Mom's house and then all the soldiers coming for Thanksgiving dinner as well.  Such fond memories that will last me a lifetime.  I am so thankful for them.  It will just be the two of us this year and I'm making a turkey breast and all the trimmings.  We just love turkey hash after the holiday.  I am thankful for our family and all our friends. 

Only 35 more days until CHRISTMAS!!  Can you believe it!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...