Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Top O The Mornin to You Laddies!!!


Image result for st patrick's day sayings

Happy St. Patty's Day one and all!!!  Another month has gone by since my last post and so much is happening in my neck of the woods and the entire world right now!  

Spring has finally popped in for a little bit this past week.  We experienced some 60° temps and on Thurs, March 12th we saw our first robin of the season.  I thought I heard them a few days prior, but they were hiding from me!!  This is five days sooner than last year, so maybe that groundhog was right this year.  We had a dusting of snow one morning, but soon melted away. 

I've been actually able to get out and walk the past few days and that makes me happy.  This year I have a walking partner, my neighbor across the street is retired now and we both like to walk.  It's a good thing it is walking season as I need to shed those winter pounds!!!!

I've been busy working on projects though.  I have my St. Patty's Day decorations up and some I just made this year.  I have a small year-round tree that I showed you with Valentine's on it, now I have the Shamrocks.  I crocheted these and just tied some cute St. Patrick's Day ribbon on the limbs as well.  I made the little banner too!






I just love this special lady.  She just reminds me of an Irish Angel holding the world as a garden in her hand.  She has that Celtic look and the little bit of orange at the bottom is that little bit of Scottish Orange my Mom always made me wear on St. Patty's Day.  She was a retirement gift from my in-laws.













So, the next holiday is Easter and it's not that far away.  Less than a month already.  I have made a few new Easter items as well.

I was on this crocheting kick and made a few little bunnies, what can I say, they kept multiplying as I made them.  There are a few flowers and eggs as well.  I put a little clothes pin on the back so I can hang it on my tree.  I'll pictures of it all decorated next post.




Next up was a new wreath for the wall in the dining room.  This is made out of loofah sponges and just a few glittery eggs and a little fake lavender and a bow.
I love how it turned out and so simple!  It breathes a little sunshine into our home!  





Next up, was some paper flowers made on my Cricut machine.  I'm just learning all that this amazing machine can do.  It cuts, it scores, it draws, it's limitless!!!
I'll be showing you more of what I can do with it in future posts.

For now, this is what I've made.




These all all cutouts from Cricut Design, which I have gotten.  There are ten different flowers and the one in the middle is one I just put together by cutting out pieces of cardstock and gluing them together.  You cut these out and then roll them on a stick and then just glue the centers together with the little flap of paper on the bottom!  It looks easier than it is!  I still have to perfect this!!!

And last but not least, I'm finally working on that Civil War Reproduction Quilt for the guest bedroom.  I have finished the top and it is plenty big enough now, so I have the three layers; backing, batting, and topper put together and am pinning it.  Next will be to put it back on the machine for quilting.  Then binding is all there is left to do.  I see light at the end of the tunnel on this project.  

Here is how it looks this morning!









I can't wait to get this done and put on the bed.  












I still have some wall painting to do, I have the guest bedroom to paint as well as the living room and our Master Bath!  I want to have this all done within the next month or two.  

We are busy working on lamps as well as Christmas in the Woods is a mere seven months away.  

I really don't want to think of that, I'm all into this thing they call Spring!!!!
I want to spend as much time outside in the warmth of the sun as I can.  Being stuck in the house for six months is for the birds!!!!!

So with that, I'll say to have a great St. Patty's Day!!


Image result for st patrick day sayings


Hugs!  Love ya!!

Debbie


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCxTgrbB6c

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks really cute and I love those bunnies. Looks like you are having fun with your cricut. Which one did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so clever and talented . So busy too, I feel like a slug, lol.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...