Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Happy Easter!

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to get out a blog post before Easter and I've made it!

These are unprecedented times for sure.  Our lives, our country, our world has been turned upside down.  Staying at home has been challenging, but it also has it's advantages.  Things are getting done, there is time to do some things just for yourself, or things you've never had time to do.  So, I'd like to share with you what I've been up to!  I hope this brings some joy to you in reading.

First, spring has finally sprung here in NW PA.  I almost forgot I planted these daffodils a few years ago.  They were in an Easter flower basket that Bry and Jess got me.  There are so many of them now, that I've actually clipped a few and brought them into the house several times.  They make me so happy!


I did some decorating as I normally do even though it is only for us to see, but I can share it with you as well.

Here is our fireplace all decorated.  The eggs at either side of the garland were made by Bernie's sister, Donna, several years ago.  The garland I made from jute, more bunnies and just some pretty pastel color ribbons.


A little closer look at some items.

Here is the Easter Tree!  I made all these bunnies as I showed you last post out of yarn and just tied some pretty pastel ribbons.  The bunny beside the tree was an Avon fiber optic piece I've had several years now.  He is so adorable!!


Next up is a decoupaged plate I made several years ago.  I love this fabric.


I also have this bunny basket that I made so many years ago, probably 20 years ago.  He still is looking good after all these years!!  I actually made door wreath similar, but he didn't fair so well in all those years.



I ended up with just a Dollar Store wreath last year so I put it up again this year.  I showed you last month the new Easter wreath I made, but that one is staying indoors.  If you recall, I made it out of loofahs.  Here is the Dollar General wreath.
I like it and it was cheap since I bought it after Easter was over.  I think I paid $2 for it two years ago.


Here is a look at a couple bunnies that I got from Avon years ago as well.  This couple of bunnies are the cutest!  You can see the egg hanging there that Donna made as well as the purple and pink paper flowers I made on my cricut.


Well, that's it for my Easter decorations this year.  Now on to some other things we are doing.

I decided to do some jigsaw puzzles that I've had several years.  Now is finally a good time to do some of them.  I began by tackling a shaped puzzle.  It is a bunch of my favorite dogs, Yorkies!



Macy approved of this one.



That was a tough one, but it was so pretty when finished.  I did it right on the tablecloth which proved to be a challenge with actually seeing the pieces.  Bernie said I needed a nice board to do it on and found this out in his garage.  It proved to be quite beneficial for this next puzzle.  Gettysburg


These are a series of puzzles by Dowdle, and guess what, Made in USA!!!
They are only 500 pieces, but I love the folk art style they are.  I like to have them of the different places we've been.  Bry and Jess get me these for gifts throughout the year.  I'm so glad I saved them to do!


Here it is done.  One thing I learned is that Bernie is very good at doing jigsaw puzzles.  It only took me 42 years to find that out.  He's never done one with me, but we both worked on this one.  Although this one is a challenge, we are working on yet another one of the Netherlands.  I'll have to share that one with you next month, or next post whichever comes first!

I've found that since we are hardly running out for food unless we are completely out of something like milk.  I'm coming up with some things I don't usually do for dinner.  The other day Bernie wanted a pizza.  I don't want to order out, because I don't think it's safe to do in my opinion.  I knew I had everything I needed for a pizza except for a crust.   I got on line and found a recipe for a pizza crust.  I had all the ingredients I needed including yeast.  I can't believe I bought yeast the last time I shopped before the virus.  Why? I have no idea.  Maybe I was unconsciously preparing for this.  I had more supplies stocked up downstairs than I usually do and had no reason to do this, but did.   I'm so happy that I did.

Here is my pizza!  It actually is bigger than any frozen one you buy and OMG!!  the crust was delicious.  I'm afraid I'll be making my own crust from now on.  I had some ground meat to put on it and Bernie requested crumbled up sausage.  Wish I would have had more cheese, as we are double cheese people, but you make do with what you have.



So, now that I've made you hungry for a Mama Debbie Pizza Pie, I'll show you a perfect social distancing group of people out there on the lake last week.

I counted about 20 boats in all out there.  It was a warm day and I think all of Pittsburgh left their homes to be here.  So much for the stay at home order!

And last but not least.

My neighbor Donna across the street began making masks for a local nursing home.  I provided her with some fabric as my stash has grown exponentially as of late.  She gave me one she made so I'd have one for my outings.  I found some elastic and made Bernie and I another one so we each had another.  Then my friend asked me if I was making them and I told her I'd make some for her and my other friend.  So, here is the version that I came up with from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Jenny has both a tie mask and an elastic mask.  I did the elastic one.  Unfortunately, I have run out of elastic to make more.


Here are two I made.  I made some for the guys too!  One can never be too safe out there today and I'm afraid this is going to last a long while.

Our lamp production is still happening.  I'm working on six right now, but who knows if there will be any selling any where this year, but now is our time to stock up.

I've rambled long enough for this post!  I pray that everyone stays safe, stay in when you can, flatten the curve, and before you know it, we may have some sense of normalcy again in our lives.

Happy Easter!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...