Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue........



In 14 hundred and 92 (1492)!! Happy Columbus Day to everyone. Well, it has been a wonderful day off work thus far. I managed to get my daughter-in-law, Jess, her "Kitty Kuilt" completed this afternoon. I'm working on cutting some fabric for some table runners. It is a beautiful Fall day here in NW Pennsylvania. The colors are vibrant and the sun is beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better day off. I just went onto eBay and purchased some quilt labels, I have never labeled anything I've made and I've been told I need to do this. I have just taken some pictures of the Kitty Kuilt, so I'll be adding them to my project book, which I was also told I should be keeping. Just wonder, how many of you quilting gals do these things, I'd be interested in knowing. So what else did I do on my day off, well......I made an apple crisp for dessert this evening and I'm trying a new recipe in my beanpot. I hope this turns out, I'll have to let you know in another post. The recipe is to preheat your oven at 250 degrees, add 2-3 boneless chicken breasts to your beanpot with a can of cream of chicken soup, one can of water, and one can of chicken broth, Put the lid on and cook it 2-3 hours, I did 3 hours. Then, put in one package of egg noodles dry and put it back into the oven for another hour. When it comes out, cut up the chicken breast and serve. So far it looks and smells delicious! Well, that's it for this post. The first picture is the quilt outside on the beautiful purple cornflower bush near our walkway and the second is the quilt indoors by our fireplace and of course, Dixie had to stand on it, she thought she was getting another quilt to add to her collection. Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...