Friday, November 4, 2011

Finally Friday - Sometimes you just need to stop...........

Sometimes you just need to stop and appreciate the beauty and serenity of the day.
Seems that every day I arise just to hurry and get ready to drive myself the 14 miles to work. I tend to not pay much attention to the beauty of my surroundings, after all I do the same thing day in, day out.

So on Wednesday morning this week, I took Dixie out and noticed how beautiful the sky was becoming, hadn't noticed it before. So before I stepped out the door to head to work, I grabbed the camera and what I captured was just beautiful.


This was sunrise over Pymatuning Lake. I travel across this lake every day. This particular place I stopped at for the pictures is a tourist area where the ducks walk on the fish back. I very much mean this, but at this time in the morning the ducks were absent, still sleeping and swimming far off the shore. This is the second most visited place in Pennsylvania, the first being the Gettysburg Battlefield.


After capturing the sunrise, I focused on the seagulls. They were flying around, probably hoping I brought some cheese balls, they just love those things, but I wasn't there too feed them this time around. They were all sitting on the railing. Some were just waking up, others were still fast asleep and the closest one in this next pic. He has his head tucked under his wings.


These pictures were taken on one side of the lake and this one is of the opposite side.


Many people travel here from all over the United States and Canada just to see the beauty of this area. Something that I once saw and now take for granted. I don't ever want to do this again. Each day I'm going to drive a little slower and sometimes stop to feed the fish and ducks and oh yes, the seagulls and truly appreciate the beauty of my new home. Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...