Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Weekend Brief

Oh my, what a weekend it has been. We got our tree Friday evening, a 7' Frasier Fir, it is so beautiful and smells so good. We made it look like an old fashioned tree this year. Rag garland, old time ornaments, red and green, and lots of those silvery icicles that we used to adorn our tree with when we were younger. Here's a picture, I still don't have the underneath completed, but the tree is done.



I spent then entire day on Saturday, making us breakfast, doing laundry, decorating the tree, wrapping a few packages, until late in the evening. I did watch some of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on TV and then I was beat. I knew that Sunday would be the same.

I began bright and early wrapping presents, I had an entire room setup to do this, well, setup might not be a good word. I had a card table, wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, name tags, and tape, lots of it. I began wrapping, and continued wrapping, took a break for breakfast, went back to wrapping, had lunch, back to wrapping again, and then took a pizza break, and then back to wrapping. Finally, at 7 PM I called it quits. You might ask what all the wrapping was about. Well, I have to wrap each package, color coordinate it to the person, then make sure each package has ribbon, bows, and a name tag. This takes me a very long time. So, now that I'm finished with that, all I have left to do is write my cards. It's my favorite thing to do!!!

Have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you again on Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...