Friday, March 16, 2012

What a beautiful Friday we will have, Finally!!!

We have been having the best weather ever for it still being winter here. We are going into the 70s again today and the weather looks like no changes in the next three weeks. We usually have a snowstorm in March and even in April the year we moved in. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm loving it!!

With the nice weather you want to get outdoors, so I decided to begin walking on my lunch hour at work. I just walk around town for a half-hour to 40 minutes, usually I run into someone who knows me and we stop and chat a minute or two and then keep walking. For me walking is boring, I always have to have something else to do besides walk. The same for bike riding. If I'm riding my bike, I have to take a camera along and my IPod. So I was looking for something else to do while walking and I remembered that my son Bryan and his wife, Jess, do geocaching.

Geocaching is like a hide and seek type game. It's the challenge of the hunt type thing. Anyway, you download a GPS app to your IPhone or Droid, you go to the geocaching website, punch in the zip code where you are and a list of places to look for caches is listed in your area. You then can download the coordinates into the phone and the search is on. It can direct you in few different ways, directions, maps, latitude and longitude, so you can choose the method you like. So you search until you find the cache. The cache is a box of sorts or container of sorts, the owners hide them in various places in tree stumps, etc. Once found, you log into the booklet or sheet that is in there and see what treasures were left. These are all family-friendly things, trinkets, coins, pins, whatever. If you take something out, you must leave something in it's place. You don't have to do the trade though. After you find it and put it back in the same place you found it, you then go back to the geocaching website and log in your find.

So today, provided we don't get rain, I'm on my first search. This search won't take me far from my office. I wonder who put it there, I wonder what is inside, I don't have any trinkets to put in, unless I take a stamp or two to show the Postmaster was there. Who knows what I'll find, but excited to do this, and I actually can't wait to walk. Exercise is good!

Til Next Week - Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Guess I better get walking so I can have some of these that I baked. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...