Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF - And Some Interesting Pictures

I'd like to begin by thanking all those that have sent me heartwarming comments, emails, and pet loss cards for our loss of Dixie. To those that said to "Just go get another dog," I truly don't think they understand the companionship and love that she provided to us all these years and she just can't be replaced so simply. She has been returned to us and has a permanent place in our home and in our hearts. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” ― Anatole France I've changed the look of my blog and have done some editing. For someone that isn't a blog guru, I think it looks pretty good and I may be tweaking it further in the future. So on with today's post. This is going to be a wonderful weekend in NW PA. Temps tomorrow and Sunday will be in the 80's - finally. Have some plans for tomorrow with Bernie and then rest and relax on Sunday. Can't wait for this weekend. I will be on vacation soon and will be working on my new quilt, can't wait to really get into that. On with the pics, yesterday morning, having had to go into work early, I left the house a few minutes before six am. As I drove across the lake as I do every weekday, the scene had changed from other pictures I have taken there and posted here. The morning was cool to say the least and a fog mist was coming off the lake just as the sun was rising. A lone Mallard Duck was swimming just in front of me. I stopped at three different places, once in the middle of the road, just to get a shot of what I saw. It made for a calming beginning of a day Take a look and see what I mean. Have a fantastically calm and relaxing weekend. Which photo is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...