Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Friday, A Vacation Week, A Quilting Week

I've been on vacation this week, and I can honestly say it was a good week to be off. The holiday, my birthday, got all my planting done, did some things around the house, got a massage, and today it is raining like crazy and I decided to get my grocery shopping done early. I was at the store when it opened, and of course, it was pouring when I went in and pouring when I got out, but the best thing is, it's done and I don't have to go out all weekend. Came home to some branches down in the driveway, so I had to clean them up. We've had some gusty winds here. Enough of that, I did get to sew a bit this week and I'm headed to my sewing again as soon as I finish this post. I'm working on the civil war reproduction fabric quilt for our spare bedroom. It is going to be a time consuming one, cutting and sewing strips. Today I'll work on putting some more of these little blocks together so I can get a strip done today or maybe two. My problem is that I'm a Gemini, I flit from project to project so not only do I have this quilt going on, but I also have decided that my picnic table needs a runner and I need help. So here goes. This is a picture of the blocks I've done thus far that need to be made into strips. This is the Civil War Homefront fabric
Next is the blocks I've made for the table runner. I've never done nothing but log cabin, so I'm venturing out of my comfort zone and made some triangles then I sewed them together as such:
Now do I want to do a pinwheel type design:
or do I want to do it like this:
or should I cut the blocks I have made in half and do something like this:
What do you like the best? I have a favorite of these three, but I need your help. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I don't even care that it's supposed to rain all weekend. We need it bad and so do the farmers. The temps are cool, my kind of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...