Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday, January 20th - An Historic Day, Indeed!!

Hi everyone,

I missed my Thursday post, sorry!!  I was caught up in the Inaugural Festivities yesterday afternoon and evening.

Today is an historic day for the USA.  Doesn't matter who won the election, it's all about America and the hope of a better tomorrow for all it's people.  I watched the Inaugural Wreath Laying at Arlington National Cemetery as well as an awesome concert at the Lincoln Memorial last evening.  The song "God Bless the USA", by Lee Greenwood was very moving.  Toby Keith's American Soldier was awesome as well as the rock band Three Doors Down and the Piano Guys!  If you missed it, I'm sure you can Google it and find it.

I'll be watching today as our 45th President is sworn in.  I'm proud to be an American!  Differences aside, we are the United States!

Now on to my activities this week.  Busy week for sure.  Had to take the truck in for inspection on Tuesday, got a little shopping in at Walmart, Tractor Supply and Peebles.

Wednesday was quilting day.  I took something new to work on and began cutting the fabric.  It is a Celtic Tabletopper.  I didn't get too far on it, but here it is.

Pattern

Four-Leaf Clover is made, thus far.

I'm still working on the batik piece, not sure what it will end up being, I'm guessing something for the outdoor picnic table.  I've decided to sash it with black fabric to bring out the colors of the explosion block.


Next picture is some selected fabrics for a table topper I'll be making for Jess.  I won't be using all of these fabrics, but am playing around with them now to see what will look best.  Hey, Jess, if you are reading this, take a look and let me know which color you would like to see most in your runner.  If  you look at the post from last week at that runner I made, you'll see that the majority of the runner is one particular fabric, which one out of these do you want to see the most of?

Last, but not least, is my sewing area.  I thought I had a handle of how it should look, then it became Christmas and I was working on many projects, pulling out fabric, etc. it became a working mess!
Now that I'm looking at things, I have a bookcase for my quilt books and patterns, and I also enjoy scrapbooking and making cards, so I have those organizational fixtures incorporated into the mess as well.  I have my large table for cutting and assembling quilts, with a huge pile of scrapbooking memorabilia that pages need to be designed and put into albums.  My sewing area is a narrow area, with tables in a L-shape, but they've become nothing more than a resting place for fabric.

So, here is what I want to do......I need some type of additional storage for my fabric where I can see what I have and arrange it by color.  You quilters out there, how do you store your fabric?

 This is the storage cabinet straight ahead in the next picture.  Doesn't hold much.  Thinking the little bins make it so I can't see what is actually in there.




This is my actual area in the basement.  As you can see it is long and narrow.  The cabinet on the wall on the right side holds my batting and as you can see it is overflowing, more batting on the top of the cabinet and more on the table below.  I have one finished wall on the left side as inside that wall is our Theater Room.  I'll have to take pics and show you that inside in another blog post.  It's awesome.  Bernie did a fantastic job on designing and building it!!



And this side, my table for fabric cutting that Bernie made me and the little dresser below holds some craft items.  Underneath the tables with the sewing machines are large bins and smaller bins with lids that contain even more fabric.  I have the fabrics sorted by color, but I can't see what I have at a glance.

I need to rearrange, organize my fabrics so I can see them.  I'm thinking some cubical type fabric cubes that are stackable under the Yorkie Picture on the finished wall.  I'm open to suggestions.  Let me know if you have any organizational ideas for my sewing/scrapbooking area!

So, it's time to watch the Inauguration of our 45th President, Donald J. Trump!  God Bless America!!

Hugs,
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I saw video footage of rioting. People smashing windows in protest. It was disgusting. I can see being disappointed that your cadidate didn't win but the temper tantrums that some people are throwing show a huge lack of maturity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you on that one. It is just childish. It is your right to peaceful protest, but when you are setting cars on fire and causing damage, then I say arrest them and throw them in Quantanamo Bay. There is enough room there now that Obama let 217 prisoners go three days ago as one of his last acts to ruin our country! Pathetic behavior!!!

      Delete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...