Thursday, October 26, 2017

Week Two Results - End of the Show!!!

Hello Everyone,

Just finished up our first................




Was it a success?????  You bet, will we do it again??????  You bet.

Here is what happened.  Bryan and I opened on Saturday at 9:30 with enough lamps, so we thought, to see us through the weekend.  Well, that plan fell short by a lot!!!  We were making sales, practically non-stop, from 9:30 to 1:30, when we sold our last one!  That's correct, we SOLD OUT of lamps!!

Next plan, sell lamp shades.  I had ordered last week 25 more shades and although they weren't something that I made, after talking with the promoter and telling him of my Sold Out status, he said yep, go ahead and sell them since I had to be there on Sunday even without lamps.  If I would have closed up, I probably wouldn't be accepted for next year and after these phenomenal weekends, there was no way I was letting that happen!!!  So, I ended up selling 10 lamp shades making a nice profit on each of those, let's just say enough to cover my room for the two nights I stayed.

Believe I mentioned last post how everyone wanted to purchase my decorations, my wreaths, which were not handmade, my candlesticks that I did paint, my garlands that I made out of jute, burlap, crocheted burgundy snowflakes with rusty bells attached, and my quilts.  So, with nothing left to sell on Sunday but shades, I went ahead and sold off some of my decor.  Only things that I actually had a hand in making.  I sold two of the red quilted skaters and carolers, both of my garlands, and all three candlesticks.  These were shown in the first two photographs in my last post.

I told Bernie that I would sell out and I'm not sure that he thought I would, that it was wishful thinking on my part, but that Miller in me, said "Do It, Debbie, Failure is not an Option" and I did it, with the help of Bryan, of course!  

Bryan is working on a website for the business now.  I have many people already signed up to be notified when we launch the site.  Our website is called hearthwoodlamps.com  There isn't anything there yet, but we are working on it.  It will be mostly pictures of our lamps and what we have available as far as kinds of shades and lamps.  Not sure how far we will take this, but I have already been getting orders and we are working on them already.  

So, with little to do on Sunday, I gave Bryan off, like a good mother/employer should, but on Saturday we just did what we could with shades and listened to Vanessa Campagna sing!  

Vanessa did three shows a day, and we never got tired of hearing her.  Here is one of her songs, it is beautiful!    Believe I said she was from Beaver Falls and now lives in Nashville TN.  I talked to her a few times between her shows since my cabin was right there.  She was very nice and will be singing in December with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.  Wish I could go see her there.  Click on Vanessa Campagna to here her sing Hallelujah
  
She sang one song in particular that I loved and unfortunately it wasn't one she wrote, but written by Maren Morris another country/pop singer in Nashville.  Vanessa sang it just for me during her last set and pointed me out, so that was pretty nice.  I'm not a country fan at all, but this song just spoke to me, so you can find it here, entitled My Church!  Vanessa sang it so much better!!  

Maren Morris – My Church Lyrics

[Verse 1]
I’ve cussed on a Sunday
I’ve cheated and I’ve lied
I’ve fallen down from grace
A few too many times
But I find holy redemption
When I put this car in drive
Roll the windows down and turn up the dial

[Chorus]
Can I get a hallelujah
Can I get an amen
Feels like the Holy Ghost running through ya
When I play the highway FM
I find my soul revival
Singing every single verse
Yeah I guess that’s my church

[Verse 2]
When Hank bring the sermon
And Cash leads the choir
It gets my cold, cold heart burning
Hotter than a ring of fire
When this wonderful world gets heavy
And I need to find my escape
I just keep the wheels rolling, radio scrolling
Until my sins wash away

[Chorus]
Can I get a hallelujah
Can I get an amen
Feels like the Holy Ghost running through ya
When I play the highway FM
I find my soul revival
Singing every single verse
Yeah I guess that’s my church

Well, I'll be back to posting about what's been happening with quilting, etc., next week.  So, I hope you enjoyed the music.

Hugs and Hallelujah,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...