Saturday, November 4, 2017

Quilting and Fall Has Arrived!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm a couple days late with my post, but believe you me, I have reasons!

This past week has been a blur!  Seems that the older you get, the faster the days go by and before you know it, the next week is about to begin.

I've been working around the house on various items.  Began by putting away all the summer-type decor from the back deck and front porch.  Had to take down my purple Halloween lights and now just have my candy corn lights lit on the cornstalks until it is time for Christmas lights.  We aren't sure what exactly those will be as we don't feel the need to be hanging off of ladders this year to put up those lights.  We are going to do something different this year.  What that is, well, I'll save that for a later post as we get into the Christmas season.

We are busy working on lamps already.  Went to the lumber yard on Tuesday, and got enough to begin again.  Got set up as a tax exempt at the lumber yard!!  This is good!!  Brought all the wood inside the garage and now it's in Bernie's hands!!  He will perform his magic!! Provided his hands cooperate.  He still has issues with them and has to take it easy  per doc instructions!

Wednesday was quilting day and I managed to get there this day.  I've been working on a fall lap quilt which I'm calling "Autumn Drama," for good reason!  I was supposed to have it done by now, but I got way behind with the Shakerwoods show.  This was an Autumn Jubilee Blog Project, that I participate in each year.  So, I've been working quite a bit on it since Wednesday.  Here is what it actually is, I don't believe I showed you any of it thus far.

Here are the two blocks I had to make.  I made 6 of each one.  I love making fall colored quilts and runners.  My favorite time of the year and favorite colors too!  I used oranges, blacks, golds and off white, some greens too!



After these were sewn together alternating in rows of four, it looks like this.


I just got finished today putting the orange, off-white, and orange acorn borders on.  These were all 3" borders, these end up actually being 2-1/2" because of sewing them together in a 1/4" seam.  The backing is just a brown sheet.  Forgot to take a picture of that for you, but will have the finished product next post.  I just put the backing and batting together on the living room floor, so now I'm ready to go back to the machine and do the actual quilting.  Bind it and then it's completed.  It will be put on my little heart quilt rack in my dining area for the remainder of the fall season!

I went for my allergy tests on the 18th of Oct, and not so good.  They tested me for 32 different allergens.  They used the old tuberculosis tine test, where there were 4 big plates each containing 8 different tines with different allergens on them.  They pushed two of these plates into my skin on each arm.  Then I waiting about an 1-1/2 hours.  The nurse read them and got these little vials out of the refrigerator, here I am thinking I'm done, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Each vial got a little syringe shoved in the top of it and I asked what she was doing and she said that I was going to get an injection from each vial.  OK, she kept putting them in and in, and I said, "Just how many little injections am I getting?"  and the answer was 30!!  THIRTY!!!  Out of 32 possible allergens, I was allergic to 30!!  So, to say I hurt for a few days would be an understatement!  I did find out that I'm allergic to dust, ragweed, and box elder (Maple Trees)!!!  MOSTLY!!!!  Where do I live???  In the woods, full of maple trees!!!  The doc told me the best place to live is Arizona!!  Ha Ha!!  Not moving there!!!!  So, I'm to take Allegra or Zyrtec, or of course, I could have weekly injections!  I think I'll try the meds first.

So, I was still having issues with the breathing, coughing, etc., so got a chest x-ray done, all is good there, and will be headed for a lung capacity test at the hospital in a few weeks.  My doc wants to rule out Asthma.  Not sure why I'm having so many issues with allergies this year, but it is the worst and I hope they figure it out soon what is going on. Oh, they gave me like seven pages of things I can do in the home to help!  First thing is to remove carpeting from bedroom!  Second, launder all bedding, comforters, etc., in hot water every week, not just the sheets!  All of it!!  Oh, and I am to change pillowcases each day!  Great Idea!!!  Bernie said he knows what to get me for Christmas this year!!  PILLOWCASES for every day  of the week!!  Woo Hoo!!!  Also, upholstered chairs, couches, etc, need to be cleaned all the time, or get leather.  I mean the listing goes on and on.  I hope we get a killing frost real soon!!  Bring on Winter!!!

Yesterday, was a craft show at a local nursing home called St. Paul's in Greenville/Jamestown area.  It was a really nice show and all the proceeds went to the ladies auxiliary.  I got a couple of cute little gift items and participated in their Chinese auction, which had some really great gift baskets, but didn't win one of them.  The home is really nice inside.  Figure it is probably pretty pricey to get into that one!!

Today, I ventured to the little United Methodist Church right up the road for their little craft show and ended up with nothing but two kinds of soup and some pumpkin and zucchini bread baked by the ladies in their kitchen.  They had like eight kinds of soup, but I got the stuffed pepper and wedding soup.  Should be good for dinner! 

I'm cleaning out the house of items that I no longer use or that have been sitting around.  I donate them to the local animal shelter's thrift shop in Meadville.  I'm trying to get rid of those "DUST" collectors!  Figure it can help my cause!!  Filling up boxes pretty good. 

Please continue your prayers for our friends, Eileen, who is finished with her chemo and radiation!!  Yay!!!  and Danny, who Bernie talked to the other day and he's hanging in there and is feeling good!  Prayers to everyone reading this too!

Well, I guess that is about all that is going on around here.  Until next week.................

Hugs,
Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...