Monday, February 26, 2018

February, Almost a Thing of the Past!!

Hello everyone,

It's been about 20 days since my last post, guess the weekly post thing isn't working quite as well as I've planned.  I don't know how these bloggers that post everyday do it, even with pre-planning their posts!!  Guess their posts aren't quite as lengthy as mine, and they probably don't have much to talk about either doing them daily.  So, it is best to say that mine has become twice a month, which is plenty.

I'm still working on the quilt I showed you from last post.  It is a slow process due to time constraints.
This one if you recall.  I did measure out what I need for bordering to make it a true king-size.  So, I'll be adding 9" overall and perhaps a bit more at the pillow side as I like to tuck a bit more quilt under the pillows, then you have enough when you are in bed to pull it over your head!!

I have begun sewing strips together and am using some of the same fabric that you see throughout the quilt.  It is fabric that I had additional yardage available for.  So, I guess slow progress is better than no progress.

I did win two tickets to the theater two weeks ago!  I entered an on-line contest on Facebook to win two tickets to see "The Great Gatsby" at Allegheny College Campus.  The performers were a part of the Meadville Community Theatre group.  I haven't been to a play since leaving Pittsburgh.  I asked my neighbor, Donna, to go with me and she accepted.  We went to the matinee performance on Sunday, and she told me she had never been to a play.  I was hoping that she liked it and it ended up being  a superb performance, in my opinion.  The lead characters of Gatsby and Daisy were both students from Allegheny and they were fantastic!  This theater was a very small one with probably only 40-50 seats and the building was probably built in the 1800's or early 1900s.  We took seats down front not knowing that our knees would literally be hitting the stage and all that we would be able to see would be the performers kneecaps!!  Ha Ha!!  Donna went back out to the ticket booth and we were able to move to the second from the last row and could see perfectly there.  We had a great time, and we both enjoyed the play very much.  We may go back for some others now that we know it's even there and how entertaining it was.  We had a great time!!!



I have been working at the senior center a lot lately.  Actually, I am Acting Director as of right now until they can hire a full-time director.  I'm not really thrilled about it, as I'm now working 7 hours a day and have to do things already scheduled for the month of March which is way too much in my opinion.  The former Director scheduled too many activities in March and we have nothing scheduled in April.  Wouldn't it have been better to spread them out a bit, just sayin............................... !!!  I really didn't like my part-time schedule as I was hoping to get them to cut back the hours so I could at least have a day or two off each week.  So, I'll just wait and see what happens!  I did have my eye on some end tables and coffee table that I'd like to get while I'm working!  Ha Ha!!! 

I do have today off as I have some routine doctor appts that were previously scheduled.  I might even have time to go to the grocery store!!  Haven't been there in more than a month!!  Meeting my clerk from Andover for lunch as well today!! 

Well, guess I'll get ready to head out on this sunny morning!  The sky is blue as can be without clouds and we are to go into the upper 40's today and into the 50's the next two days!!  I'm hoping that spring is coming, I'm hearing more and more birds each morning!!

So everyone take care, spring is in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...