Monday, May 14, 2018

Almost Three Months later and yes......things have changed!!!

Hello everyone,  February 26 seems like a long-time ago and that is when my last post was.  Things have certainly changed since that time.  Let's see if I can catch you up!!

First of all, I hope that everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day!!

On Feb 13, I began running the Senior Center, on my own, and did so until April 9th.  Next came that I had to train the new person that began that day.  Did that for a month and then knew it was time to go.  If you can imagine someone talking more than me, ha ha, well this gal had me beat by a long shot!!  She never shut up!!  Literally!!!!  She knew everyone, everything, connections for this and that and was just annoying to the max!!  And cell phone usage!!  When did work ethic become a thing of the past.  Used to be that if you had a job, and were being paid, you worked, not text on your cellphone all the time.  So with that being said, I went in on May 9th, after talking with my higher up boss early that morning telling her today was it, I was quitting, I went to work to inform the new gal.  Once there, I was told to call the high up boss again and well, they got me to stay out that week, and then begged me to give them another week to find someone and so I could handle the Mother's Day Lunch on May 10th.  So, I officially RE-RETIRED, last Friday, May 11th and I couldn't be happier and did they hire anyone yet???  Nope!!!    I told Bernie that if I every get the silly idea of working again to " hit me up along side my head."  For anyone else who might be retiring and then get that notion to return to the work force, I would tell you to forget it and enjoy your first Retirement!!

I'm now getting ready for the upcoming craft shows in Aug and October and am busily finishing up the lamps that Bernie has made thus far.  I just got finished working on some a few minutes ago.  Now I am getting ready to make dinner and take Macy to the groomer.  She really needs a haircut!  Here is the after photo!  So much better and she's decked out for Memorial Day with her new scarf!!



Spring has finally sprung here.  It actually was snowing here on April 28th!!  My gosh!!!  This was incredible!  I am so sick and tired of the cold and snow!!  Finally, we are in the 60's and 70's and it is wonderful.  The flowers are all confused!  My lilacs began to bloom before this last snow, and now they are hardly blooming at all.  I have only three shoots of purple and the white bush did a little better on the top.  Guess there is always next year!!

The azaleas which usually bloom before the lilacs are just now budding, so I still have those to look forward to and the day lilies and hostas are now up and looking good.  I still have a lot of work once the rain quits getting the leaves out of all the front bushes including the azaleas.



I am back to quilting at the center and don't have anything to show as yet.  I'm working a couple tree skirts there.  I still haven't finished the brightly-colored purple/green/blue quilt.  The top is done and I just have to layer it all and then take it to my machine to finish it up.  That is on my short-list to get done.  It's too big for me to take to the center to work on.

I still have the Civil War Reproduction Quilt to get a border on and then finish that up as well.  Hope to have that one finished in the not too distant future.

Once these two big quilts are done then I'm going to focus on some tablerunners that I can sell at the August show or perhaps on our lamp website.

Bryan has been working feverishly on this website for us over the past several months and we are just about ready to launch the site.  If you haven't signed up for an email to be sent to you when we launch you can do so by clicking here   www.hearthwoodlamps.com.  I will be having other things on the website as well such as items to compliment our lamps.

So, I guess that is enough for this post, but I wanted you to know I'm back and will be posting more regularly again!

Thanks for sticking with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. I've got lots of weeds growing around here lol. Enjoy the retirement. We'll have to set a date in June for your birthday lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retirement should only be done once. Lol
      Happy to read your blog. Dixie looks adorable.

      Delete
    2. Just let me know when, Ann!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been a busy gal! glad to hear you will be back blogging again - good luck getting ready for the shows! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joy, I have been busy. Got to get ready for the shows! A little bit each day for sure!

      Delete
  3. You got that right, Donna. Macy Kate is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...