Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me Today and Happy Anniversary To Me Tomorrow!

Hello everyone!

Yep, as the post title states, Happy Birthday to me!!  Today marks the 62nd anniversary of my birth!  or as some would put it, my Social Security Birthday!!  I am now eligible to collect SS!!

Today has been a beautiful day here in NW PA!!  The sun is shining gloriously, with a slight breeze and it is 95 degrees!  Ouch!!  Almost too hot to go outside.  The downside of going outside for me though is the pollen/grass count is extremely high and my allergies are acting up terribly today and has so all weekend long.

Bryan and Jess came for a visit to celebrate my birthday on Sunday!  Bernie grilled out some delicious T-bone steaks, cooked to perfection I might add!!  Fresh green beans, corn-on-the-cob, and homemade potato salad.  Also, one of the best birthday cakes I've tasted and fudge-swirl ice cream!!
I had a wonderful day on Sunday.

No plans for tonight though, just chillin with Bernie and Macy.

The weather here has been really nice lately!  Temperatures perfect, except for the past two days with extremely hot days.

In the garden, my lilacs are long gone, but my azaleas are now blooming.  Also, the iris is up a blooming finally.  After many years of no activity, they have finally come alive and how pretty they are.

Here is my Columbine.  I just love the purple color, so pretty.

I ended up purchasing some flower baskets instead of planting in pots which didn't turn out so well last year.  These are the baskets!  I have something going on with purples this year.


Just love the colors in this basket.  I bought three all the same just about.

Next is the wildlife, we've had some deer at the lick this past week and we've been birdwatching too!  This Indigo Bunting stopped by a few days to eat.  We don't see these often enough and they are just beautiful blue in color.


Had to stick the camera out the sliding glass door onto the deck for this shot before she saw me and ran away.

Then there was this chippy!  These are everywhere this year.  Digging holes all over the place.

and the finches!  Always so beautiful in yellow.  I purchased a sock of seeds at Dollar General last week and hung it up because it said it attracted finches and buntings and since I'm trying to keep that Indigo bunting here, I hung it up and here we have so many finches this year unlike years past.  There were five of them on the sock of seeds at once.  Just beautiful!!

I had good intentions of completing this blog post on my birthday which is now the day after my birthday, but I'll go with it anyway and since it is now May 30th, I'll have to say Happy Anniversary of my Retirement from the USPS Today!

Gosh!!  It's been two years already since I officially retired from the Postal Service.  Time sure does fly by now.  

So, what am I up to today!  Trying to get over these allergies for sure is #1, I was told to double up on the Zyrtec!  Seems that our pollen count is a tad better today than yesterday, but I'm staying in just the same.  Didn't go to quilting today either.  Haven't worked on any quilting either.  Today was a lamp working day.  I got to work on five lamps today so that was a good day.  Hopefully, next post will have some quilting in it.

I just want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday, the cards, the presents, the phone calls, it was a great day!  Thanks again.  Until next week, enjoy the remainder of this week and talk to you again soon!

Hugs,
Debbie


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again. Glad you had a nice celebration. Lots of wildlife there in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Ann. Always lots of wildlife activity here!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary of your retirement! Both are definitely great reasons to celebrate and enjoy the day! Allergies stink...I have them too and just do my best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Allergies still crazy bad! Will it ever end!!

      Delete
  3. ♫ Happy Birthday ♫ Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...