Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day! Quilting and Finishes

Hello Everyone,

and Happy Father's Day to all you Father's out there, even those Father's of furbabies!  What a wonderful day it is for you!  Although my Dad isn't here on earth, I remember all the Happy Father's Days we had in the past and all the cards I made for him over the years growing up.  It was always a special day at our home.  Missing you, Dad, until we meet again, love you!!

Much to blog about this time around.  I know, I'm a little late, but time just flies by now that I'm re-retired.  Lol!!  So, here's what I've been up to lately.

Last post was my birthday post.  Since that time, Bernie and I have celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary.  Gosh, time is flying by!!  I received the most beautiful of flower arrangements from him.  Here is a pic for those that aren't on Facebook and didn't get to see them.

These were from a new flower shop in Linesville and from what I have seen of their flowers, they make the most beautiful arrangements for a small town florist.  This arrangement consisted of a purple gladiola with white roses and daisies, both lavender spider mum and regular mums, deep crimson carnations and pink with reddish tipped carnations.  The best part is that I received them the day before our anniversary which was on Saturday, and some of the flowers are still beautiful almost 10 days later today. 














Besides working on lamps, which I am now caught up on, but not for long as Bernie is busy making more as I type this, I began a new journal.  Bryan and Jess got me a journal entitled "Big Ideas" for my birthday.

 Guess everyone pretty much knows that I have had many Big Ideas over the years.  I'm always dreaming, and thinking of new things I want to do or try.  Bernie always says that he can tell when I'm deep in thought just by looking at me.  It's true, most nights I have trouble shutting down this brain of mine.  Does anyone else have that problem?  Anyway, I'm using the book to jot down my "Big, and 'Bright', Ideas!" as well as things I need to finish or accomplish.  I have many UFO's, (unfinished objects) that I want to record my completions.  Being a Gemini, I tend to flit from project to project, never staying on course to complete something, so I'm trying to better myself in that respect.  So, after writing down about 10 things that need to be finished, I managed to take care of two of those this past week.  This is a huge accomplishment for me and I'm proud of myself!!

Here they are:

First, my friend, Eileen, sent me a wonderful quilt puzzle for my birthday.  I decided that it would look lovely in my sewing area, so I got Bernie to find me some cardboard and I began working on it last Sunday.  This puzzle is a 1,000 piece puzzle and it is 27" x 35".  Not a small puzzle at all.  I work on puzzles a little at a time.  My rule is if I can't place 5 pieces within 5 minutes or so, then I need to walk away.  I can come back 10 minutes or when I walk by it again and place another 10 pieces or so, before I can't place another piece and go do something else. I've never sat for hours doing a puzzle, I get up, walk away, and come back.  Doing it in this fashion, I had this puzzle completed by Wednesday night!  I had so much fun doing this puzzle.  Thank you, Eileen, love ya!!  I already have  Mod Podged it together on the front and the back is now drying.  I'll have this hung up this week!

Here it is completed. 







My next finish is something that I had been working on for quite a while.  I had this quilt top put all together, but tried to layer it with batting and the backing fabric here at home, but couldn't do it, not enough room even after moving the dining room table and trying to lay it out between the dining room and living room.  I took it to the Sr. Ctr two Wednesday's ago, the ladies and I had to use six tables put together to layer it up and after pinning it, I brought it back home.  I worked on quilting it from June 7 until June 15 off and on bound and determined it would be my second finish for the week and besides it was to be our Spring-Summer Quilt for our bedroom. I did get it done in the Spring, so I met my goal, not only that, but with left over material that I already had sewn strips together, I made two pillows and a small tier curtain for our window.  I like to name my large quilts, so here is finish #2 for the week, "Tropical Island Paradise"!!






   

Since I've shared my finished objects with you, I think I'll end this blog post for today.  I will have much more to blog about in the coming weeks, gosh!  I love this warm weather, so nice to be outside enjoying it though!  I hope you are enjoying your Spring as well.  Take care everyone! Until next time.....................

Hugs,
Debbie


2 comments:

  1. Those flowers are so pretty. Happy belated anniversary. The puzzle is perfect for your sewing area. That quilt turned out great. Good job getting stuff done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ann. Feeling a sense of accomplishment with two things finished.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...