Friday, February 15, 2019

Happy Day After Valentine's Day!!

Hi everyone,

I intended to get this post up yesterday, but things just don't always happen when planned.  So, I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!


This was a little pillow ornament that was made by my sister-in-law many years ago.  I had it on our Valentine's Day tree.  So cute.

Then on Monday this week, I baked Valentine's Day cookies.  They turned out pretty cute, these are a few of what I made and decorated.




These are fun to make, but very time consuming.  I made 45 cookies as that was a single batch, but it took me all of two days to make them.  Here they all are:




Bernie and I went out to dinner at a little local restaurant we like and we each had a meal that was very good, we played a little Keno while there, and I only had one number on one of five games.  Bernie at least won $4!


This week was also a finish for the year for me quilting.  Bryan and Jess wanted a table runner made out of white/teal/gray fabric.  I pulled from my stash, lucky I had some teal and was able to make some blocks.  It measured out at 17-1/2" x 28-1/2".  They wanted 17 x 30, but this was as close as I could get and they liked it!


I'm working on another one using some blues too!  Not sure what I'll do with it, but it was going to be my sample block, and I decided to finish it out.  

I'm also beginning work on a Scrap Dance Minuet Mystery Quilt Along.  You can visit this blog by clicking on From My Carolina Home here. She has a lot of interesting things on there and I enjoy reading it. Recipes, tablescapes, and of course quilting, she lives in the mountains of North Carolina so there is lots of posts on wildlife and gardening.  Her Veranda is to die for.   

How this works is that the person organizing the Quilt Along, Carole, will tell you what to cut out, such as so many squares, rectangles, etc.  They give you instructions on how much to cut out based on what size you want to make (table runner, crib quilt, twin, full, queen, etc.)  She will also give us instructions each month on what to do for that month.  That way you have an entire month to complete the challenge.  This works great for me!  It will take us five months to complete, so I think what I'll do is cut up all the fabric and figure out the biggest thing I can make and do it that way.  You are supposed to use fabric that is in your scrap basket.  (these are odds and ends of fabric used in larger quilts, but you just can't throw it away, so you use it on say 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares, etc.)  Since this was to be done in some kind of flowery type material, which I have none of in scraps, I opted to use a little kit from Annie's that I recently received.  The fabric was to be used in a baby quilt, but I didn't like it for that, so it's going to be used in this mystery quilt.  I'll share the fabric with you next post.  Which I'll be posting again on March 1.  I'm now planning ahead and marking my calendar to be sure I get it done.

The weather has been awful here, gloomy, rainy, snowy, icy, below zero days, above zero days, warm days in the 50's and 60's,  you name it, we've had it.  I'm looking forward to springtime, winter has been enough for me for some reason this year!

Not much else happening in my neck of the woods.  How are things with you?

Have a great weekend and see you back here on March 1st!!

Hugs,
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Doing good here. Rainy lows in the forties highs fifties And sixtys. Rain makes it feel colder and is hard on knees and back and all joints,good thing it doesn't last to long January & February are the worst, Bye for now.Love Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! So you are the unknown. Glad to see that you are reading my blog. Winter is lingering on and long here. Today is only in the teens and the sun is shining so brightly that it looks a little warmer, but the snow on the ground isn't melting one bit. Can't wait for spring!! Send us up some warmer weather, Bill.

    ReplyDelete

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...