Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

I was supposed to post on Friday, March 15 as per my schedule, but thought it might be fun to just do it on this festive day!  
Click on Elvis Video on Right to
hear him sing a beautiful O' Danny Boy!!
These are a few of my decorations for this day.  The leprechaun was a plastic canvas piece done by Bernie's sister, Donna and the Felt Smiley Face Shamrock was done by Bryan quite a long time ago!

I just love the Snoopy card and this beautiful angel in green was a gift for my retirement from Bernie's Mom!  The table runner was made by me and this is a reversible one that has Easter on the opposite side.  All these runners were made prior to my beginning to quilt.





We were in Pittsburgh yesterday visiting and I had seen on Pittsburgh Today Live program on Friday that this festival was going on in Green Tree.  Since I was right in Green Tree city for the afternoon visiting, I made a trip to the Double Tree to see what this festival was all about.  I thought they would have lots of quilting there.  Much to my surprise, there wasn't much quilting there at all.  A handful of vendors, two of which were selling sewing machines which I in no way need.  It was very disappointing and I would never go back to this again.  If you were into yarn, then YES, this would have been a great place to go.  I never saw so many skeins of wool, alpaca, sheep, dyed yarns, etc.  This festival was extremely busy, so I guess there are a lot of knitters, crocheters out there!  Prices were very pricey!  I ended up with one Riley Blake Charm Pack which contained some civil war designed fabric.  It was a steal at $5.00.  These packs are usually a lot more, but then there was the entrance fee!  I won't even go there!!  I did learn never to go back to that show, but it was very nice to visit Bryan and Jess and Bernie's parents.


This week I did go to the center for the first time all winter long and worked on that Civil War reproduction quilt for our guest bedroom.  I am moving along on this.  I also worked on stoning a lamp.  It's still too cold to make lamps in the garage, but since we had two fairly warm days, Bernie gave me one to get started on.

I also saw on TV a book on decluttering.  This is something that I have wanted to do for a while.  I'm always cleaning, but not like this.  The book is by Marie Kondo and it's called, 

you can click on this link below to see what she is all about!

https://konmari.com/

Anyway, she has this way of folding your clothes and how to figure out what clothes to keep and those to discard just by feeling them and asking one simple question, "Does this spark joy?"  Yep, that's it!  Seems silly doesn't it, but to tell you the truth, I've made great progress.  I have three drawers totally organized and my closet has never looked so good.  Now on to the rest of the house!!

I'll tell you more on this concept and my progress in future blogs!

So with that, I'll say so long for today!  I hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!


Hugs, Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 1, We woke up to White Stuff!!!

  Hi Everyone! As promised, I'm on track for my second post of this 2023 and am not a day late. Today is actually a beautiful day outsid...